This course offers an introduction to Competency-Based Education (CBE) and the features of a CBE program. You'll learn when a competency-based approach is most appropriate, and when it might not be suitable. This will help you assess the readiness of your own program to be adapted or designed using a CBE approach.
Who should take this course?
Instructors, Teachers, Learning Experience Designers, Curriculum Developers, Instructional Designers
Articulate the elements of a competency-based education program
You'll learn about the following key concepts in this course:
- Competency-Based Education
- Differences between Competency-Based Education and other types of programming
- Benefits of Competency-Based Education
- Appropriate learning experiences for Competency-Based Education
- Drawbacks of Competency-Based Education
So, if you take this course, what will you be able to do by the end of it?
- Differentiate between a competency and an outcome
- Assess a program for CBE readiness and applicability.