Full course description
Welcome to Facilitating Online Learning. This self-paced online course is facilitated by instructors experienced in teaching and learning in online environments. The course, available from August 15, 2021–June 17, 2022, will take approximately 7–10 hours to complete. The Facilitating Online Learning course is designed for:
- Instructors who are new to teaching online at Lethbridge College;
- Instructors who have only managed face-to-face classrooms and who are transitioning to teaching online;
- Existing online instructors who are looking to enhance their online teaching practice.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Define and interpret your role as an online instructor.
- Identify Lethbridge College online learner demographics and concerns.
- Identify important trends and issues in online learning and their implications for your course(s).
- Demonstrate awareness of barriers and solutions relating to equity, diversity, and inclusion that arise in online learning.
- Interpret best practices for online facilitation and adapt them to suit your teaching practice.
- Apply strategies relating to teaching, social, and cognitive presence to enhance student learning in your course.
- Identify tasks/considerations to ensure your course is prepared for online delivery.